What’s on the dessert plate?
Would you love to get sweet caramel on your plate for dessert? Well if you are planning to hold a party for friends or colleagues, then you might want to try this yummy dessert that will surely tickle your palate.
A plate full of butter-filled Choux pastries topped with melted caramel.
This delectable dessert can serve 6 people. So whenever you have elegant plates at home and you need to throw a party, then this recipe is a sure winner.
Ingredients for the pastry:
- 22 cl water
- 1 pinch of fine salt
- 85 gm unsalted butter
- 105 gm flour
- 3 whole eggs
Ingredients for the filling:
- 170 gm of Caster sugar (filling)
- 40 gm salted butter
- 12 cl Double Cream
- 110 g unsalted butter
Ingredients for the icing;
- 150 gm Caster sugar
- Prior to mixing any ingredient, always preheat the oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the following ingredients, water, sugar, salt and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- After a few minutes of boiling, remove from fire and mix in the pre-sifted flour.
- After mixing in flour, put saucepan back on stove and continue mixing until the mixture no longer sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer mixture into a food processor and beat in 3 eggs one at a time to ensure a dropping consistency.
- Put mixture in a piping bag and form small profiteroles lining them up on the baking tray.
- Bake these in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put 170 gm of sugar in a pan with a heavy bottom on low fire until it slowly melts without stirring.
- Once the sugar caramelizes, then add the salted butter and double cream and mix well.
- Remove from fire and allow the pan to cool.
- Put the cooled caramel in a food processor and put in unsalted butter in little amounts one at a time, until a smooth buttery cream filling builds up.
- Put a small hole at the base of each profiterole and fill up with cream filling.
- Put the remaining Caster sugar in a pan with a heavy bottom on low fire and let it melt without stirring.
- Remove pan from fire when the sugar turns into golden caramel.
- While caramel is still hot, slowly dip the filled profiteroles and let these cool off before serving.
This recipe will be a smashing hit and will surely tickle the taste buds of your visitors.
Match your tasty dessert with any of our elegant dinnerware! A variety of products for you to choose from: